This week was a little bit less progress than we normally make per week, as most of the team has midterms. Despite that, there has been progress updates that are worth discussing.
First and most noticeable changes were the switch to a more standard and more user friendly UI during the build phase. We previously had a radial menu (which can be seen in last weeks video), and while it looked nice, it needed to be changed. It was clunky, and took up too much space on the screen. Our lead programmer Brandon whipped up our newest wireframe and it's a major improvement. Another change we made this week was adding randomly spawning power-ups instead of static spawns. We made this change to discourage camping and also to give players other things to fight over during play.
Other things completed this week: new UI (crosshair, hitmarker, health bar), lava textures (for lava hazard), new explosion VFX, and more work on blend trees for animations.